Joseph A. LaSorsa, President & CEO of LASORSA & ASSOCIATES, FORMER SECRET SERVICE AGENT, Presidential Protection providing School Security Consultant services nationwide.
Board Certified in Security Management
LaSorsa & Associates team of Board Certified School Security Consultants can provide routine School Campus Security Assessments. These Security, Threat or Vulnerability Assessments should be part of any responsible School Campus administrative program. Some issues routinely overlooked can leave a School vulnerable to violence, theft, damage and the possibility of a major lawsuit.
1) Conduct a physical inspection of the campus or building(s) to Identify what physical security procedures, policies and systems are currently in place, such as:
-Fencing and physical barricades
-Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
-Entrance and Egress security
-Current use of SRO’s and if not used, determine if and where needed.
-Visitor screening, record keeping and badging
-Use of permanent ID System and temporary ID Passes
-Electronic Security Systems Integration
-Existing Access Control – including door locking systems, CCTV, Intrusion Detection
2) Identify what physical barriers, obstructions or issues inhibit natural surveillance, (the ability to see what’s going on and natural access control (the ability to control who gets in and out)
3) Identify any history of problems that might influence decisions about what is needed. This might include a history of violence at the schools, the degree of gang presence, the frequency with which weapons are involved, ongoing group or individual problems, the number of behavioral referrals or other red flags.
4) Review are Crime Statistics and conduct an Analysis
5) Inspect the local vicinity and neighborhood for problem areas in an effort to identify what risks and opportunities are posed in areas directly adjoining school property
6) Review Emergency Notification Systems that are in place and if, non-existent, implement the appropriate systems.
7) Review current Lockdown and Evacuation procedures and if non-existent, identify capabilities in classrooms and other locations
8) Review and ensure Emergency and Crisis Management plans, policies and procedures comply with NIMS and NFPA Standards
In addition, our School Security Consultant can assist in:
- Conducting a properly developed security assessment to best define potential gaps in security measures.
- Creating an action plan to correctly prioritize security hardware and equipment based on available funding.
- Auditing your Emergency Operations Plan to ensure remediation has taken place to close identified gaps in a timely fashion.
- Creating school-specific awareness training programs and create a baseline contingency plan that has been properly prioritized by school officials, parents and the broader school community
- Establishing a Business Continuity Plan for all campuses.
- Establishing practical and tabletop drills for predictable execution.
- Initiating specialized prevention and first-responder training for school resource officers (SROs) and school security personnel
If you need a security assessment of your school, or any security consulting services, contact us now.
888-831-0809 – INFO@LASORSA.com