Over time, we tend to find what gear works and eliminate what doesn’t. In this article we aim to discuss some gear considerations for modern private investigators based off of our experience.
Pictured above is a typical go bag loadout for a surveillance assignment. Contents include:
- Sony Video Camera HDR-CX900/B
- Nikon Coolpix P900
- Canon SX620
- Notepad with pencil and pen
- Voice recorder
- Solar battery charger
- IR viewer and IR Chem lights
- Mobile Device Camera Lens Kit
- Two GPS Trackers – http://www.wilsongps.com/
- Stick of sidewalk chalk (for marking tire position, etc.)
- Pen camera
Joseph M. LaSorsa, CPP® is currently a senior partner managing and conducting: Protective Operations Training Courses, Executive Protection & Bodyguard Services, Risk Management Consultations & Seminars, Security Expert Witness Testimony, Workplace Violence Prevention Seminars & Intervention Services, Security Consultations & Seminars, Private Investigations and Technical Surveillance Counter-Measures with LaSorsa & Associates – an International Protection, Investigations & Consulting Firm.